collect, use, share and hold your personal information.
What personal information we collect
If you don’t provide all or part of the personal information we require, we may not be able to provide you with the
relevant services. Some of the information we collect includes:
- Date of birth
- Contact details (address, email address, phone numbers)
- Driver’s Licence number
- Username or Password
- Financial Information
- Information about how you use our products and services
This list is not all-inclusive. For example, we may sometimes need to collect additional information as part of a user
authentication process, such as when you want to speak to one of our customer service personnel who needs to access
How we collect your personal information
NodeOne Internet usually collects personal information about you directly. For example, we collect personal information
when you provide information to us by phone, email, or social media, or when you enter your personal details on our
websites or application forms.
We may also collect information about you indirectly, including from:
- our employees, agents, contractors or suppliers;
- third parties such as credit reporting bodies and credit providers;
- third parties such as sporting clubs and community organisations that we partner with;
- your authorised representative(s);
- other telecommunication and information service providers;
- our equipment; and
- publicly available sources of information.
Why we collect your personal information
Your personal information is collected and used by Node1 Internet so we can:
- verify your identity;
- assess whether you are eligible for our services;
- carry out checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- process your application to become a Node1 Internet customer;
- provide the services you require;
- assist with enquiries and provide customer support;
- manage your services, including billing, account management and collecting debts;
- research and develop our products and services;
- business planning;
- provide information to the manager of the Integrated Public Number Database (IPND);
- provide you with information about our services, products and special offers (and marketing those products to
you unless you have requested us not to do so).
How we may share your personal information
We may need to share your personal information to organisations outside Node1 Internet, for example, with:
- suppliers so we can supply the service to you;
- technicians we engage to resolve faults concerning your service;
- a credit reporting body or credit provider if you fail to make payments due;
- a fraud-checking agency to carry out checks;
- debt collection agencies and similar parties that assist with debt-recovery;
- specialist contractors for the purposes of research and development;
- other communication companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunications and information service providers;
- your authorised representative in the manner you have agreed to;
- your legal advisers, if requested by you to do so;
- a duly authorised government, regulatory authority or other organisation such as the TIO, when we are required
or specifically permitted by law to do so, or to resolve customer complaints or disputes;
- a specified recipient if a court order compels us to do so, and
- law enforcement agencies concerning the enforcement of criminal and other laws if we are compelled, or
required to do so.
How we hold your personal information
We keep customer information on controlled systems, which are secure against unauthorised access. Proof of identity
is always required before personal information is disclosed to any person, including the specific customer.
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate
Our websites, cookies & online advertising
We may also collect information about visits to our websites for marketing and statistical purposes to improve the way
for these purposes. Some examples of cookies that we use or collect are:
- Web Analytics Cookies: to understand anonymous and aggregated website behaviour such as how many visitors
are using our websites, length of visit, where visitors are navigating, and what pages have been visited.
- Online Advertising Cookies: to ensure our online advertising is more relevant to you and keep you from
repeatedly seeing the same advertising from us.
The data collected from cookies (or similar technology) our websites use is anonymous and is not matched to any
identified individual. You can usually remove or block cookies and opt-out of interest based tracking by using the settings
in your web browser application or mobile device, however it may affect your ability to use the website.
How to access & update your personal information
You have the right to request access to your personal information and request its correction. Your personal information
can be accessed via logging into your account via the Node1 Internet website, or by contacting us.
We maintain and update the personal information we hold as it becomes necessary, for example when our customers
inform us that their personal information has changed.
Please contact us if you wish to access or correct the personal information we have on file for you.
Any privacy complaints must be made in writing and will be handled in accordance with our complaints escalation
process. We will respond within 30 days to any complaint. If you feel your complaint is not adequately addressed, you
can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner - call 1400 363 992 or visit oaic.gov.au.
Information is current as of 29/05/2017 and is subject to change without notice.